- Message from a Representative Director
- Our Sustainability
- People and Society
Employee Health and Safety
Basic Approach to Employee Health and Safety
We strive to create a safe and healthy work environment where all employees can be satisfied and engaged in their work. An important responsibility for any company should be to create an environment where employees with a diverse background can work in a healthy and rewarding way, maximize their individual abilities, and grow while working hard together with respect for all. This also is the starting point for growth.
Industrial Safety and Health Policy
We are committed to maintaining a sound working environment that engages all employees to promote safety and health in the workplace, which we believe is an important principle of a successful business.
Action Plan Guidelines
- 1. We observe all government regulations as well as company and specific work rules that pertain to industrial safety and health.
- 2. We facilitate the establishment of ‘’zero’’ industrial accidents by continuously investigating potential hazards and implementing necessary measures to reduce or eliminate such hazards through risk assessments.
- 3. We continue learning to enhance knowledge, awareness and activities related to industrial safety and health.
- 4. We maintain and promote mental health in all personnel by facilitating healthy and constructive communication in the workplace.
- 5. We keep all personnel informed and actively engaged in maintaining the highest standards of industrial safety and health.
Framework for Health and Safety in the Workplace
Initiatives to Promote Health
In today’s world, many different issues surrounding lifestyle-related diseases and mental health are becoming more commonplace. In a company-wide effort to tackle these issues, we have established the Guidelines for Balance between Work and Medical Treatment and the Guidelines on Mental Health, making continuous efforts to promote the health of our employees.
Health Initiatives◇ Support for balance between work and medical treatment
- ● Established a system that allows employees who need long-term treatment for cancer and other diseases to be treated with peace of mind, and a support system for those returning to work after a leave of absence or recuperation
- ● Set up a channel of communication for finding support for the balance between work and medical treatment (support coordinators and nurses), etc.
- ● Established a system to help prevent mental health issues, and a support system for those returning to work after a leave of absence or recuperation
- ● Set up a channel of communication for finding support with mental health issues (occupational counselors and nurses)
- ● Perform group analysis after carrying out stress checks. Make improvements to the work environment based on the results of the group analysis
- ● Hold mental and physical health counseling sessions with occupational health staff (nurses)
- ● Established a private consultation room to talk with a counselor from the Human Resources & General Affairs Division, etc.
- ● Extensive physical health checkup (abdominal ultrasound, cancer screening, gynecological examinations, etc. are carried out at the company’s expense)
- ● Check the rate of abnormal findings with health checkups (by occupational health staff), provide support to those with abnormal findings, such as encouraging them to see a doctor, giving one-on-one consultations, giving advice on improving their lifestyle, etc.
- ● Influenza vaccinations
- ● Regular information on health matters
- ● Access to household medicines
- ● Support for giving up smoking
- ● Assessment of heat exposure risks on the factory floor using the WBGT heat stress index, prevention of heat stroke by providing oral rehydration products in line with those risks, etc.
Initiatives to Ensure Safety in the Workplace
We regard accidents at any of our work locations as an important issue. The company therefore conducts training based on the occupational safety plan it formulates each year with the aim of enabling its employees to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills. Through these activities, we are working to foster a culture of safety throughout the whole company to create a workplace free from accidents.
Safety Training◇ What’s covered
- ● A look at the kinds of accidents that can happen based on past cases
- ● Training on the risk assessments of each accident
- ● Company-wide rollout on how to fill in the risk assessment form
- ● Instruction seminars from local fire departments
- ● A look at near-miss incidents, accidents, and how to see the potential dangers
- ● Seminars on how to prevent heat stroke
- ● Company-wide rollout of the outcomes from the Okayama Regional Industrial Safety and Health Convention
- ● A verification of risk assessment activities and a look at good practices
by the Okayama City West Fire Department (December 11, 2020)
Accidents in the WorkplaceThe number and ratio of occupational accidents
|No. of occupational accidents||Lost time accidents||1（1）||2（2）||0||0||0|
|Non-lost time accidents||6||4||5||5||5|
|Ratio of occupational accidents||Frequency rate1||0.820||1.646||0||0||0|
- 1. The frequency rate measures how often accidents occur (Number of casualties / Total hours worked x 1,000,000).
- 2. The severity rate measures how severe the accidents are (Number of days lost due to accidents / Total hours worked x 1,000).
- Note: Figures in parentheses are the number of lost time accidents of 10 days or more.
Traffic Safety Initiatives
Regardless of whether vehicles are being driven for business, commuting or private purposes, traffic accidents can have a huge negative impact on family life as well as disrupt company operations. To prevent against this, we have set as one of our priority goals “zero at-fault traffic accidents” as a target for our employees. We send out timely information and do training on day-to-day safe driving tips and a traffic safety plan formulated each year.
Traffic AccidentsThe number of traffic accidents
|Not at fault||16||18||15||14||11|
- 1. Covers vehicles being driven for business, commuting and private use.
- 2. Figures in parentheses are the number of work accidents.
Traffic Safety Initiatives◇ Participation in various events
- ● The 200 Day Challenge— No Accidents, No Violations
- ● Smart Commute in Okayama prefecture
- ● Prefectural traffic safety campaigns, etc.
- ● Training carried out by police officers from police stations in same area as our business locations
- ● Hands-on traffic safety training carried out by staff from driver license centers.
- ● Conducting traffic safety seminars for new employees, etc.
- ● Using and maintaining dashboard cameras for all company vehicles, etc.
- ● Sending out information and conducting awareness activities by the health and safety committees in each area
- ● Company-wide rollout and internal notices with bulletins and information on accident hot-spots, etc.
From fiscal 2021 onward, we will continue to create an environment where employees can work safely.
- ● Received awards from the police, prefecture and district in fiscal 2017, 2018 and 2020 for traffic safety activities
- ● Received the Smart Commuting Okayama Grand Prize for the second consecutive year in 2019